Philly-Style Cheesesteak with Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Here’s an elevated twist on a traditional Philly cheesesteak for the holidays. To streamline prep, buy grated cheese and pre-sliced mushrooms and beef strips, and slice onion and pepper the night before entertaining guests for quick assembly. Leave skins on the potatoes to save time.
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
This is a perfectly balanced plate.
- For the cheesesteak, preheat oven to 375° F. Line Sheet Pan with Sheet Pan Liner.
- Thinly slice peppers and onion; place in a large bowl. Add beef, mushrooms, oil, and seasoning. Toss until well coated.
- Arrange in a single layer on pan as best you can. Roast for 15 min. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Place back in oven and roast 2 min, or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, chop potatoes into small cubes. Place in Multipurpose or Round Steamer. Cover and microwave on high until fork tender, 10—12 min. Stir every 5 min.
- Using Ground Meat Separator, mash potatoes to desired consistency. Stir in milk, butter, and sea salt blend.
- To serve, top mashed potatoes with cheesesteak mixture.
Per serving: Calories 450, Fat 19 g (Saturated 9 g, Trans 0.1 g), Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 480 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g (Fibre 5 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 34 g.
To save time, purchase pre-sliced beef. Be sure to look for "stir-fry" beef as opposed to "stewing" beef; stewing beef will be very tough to use to prepare this recipe. If pre-sliced beef is unavailable, freeze your favourite cut of steak until firm, about 30—45 min. This will make it easier to thinly slice the meat.