Molten Chocolate Cake
Rich, dark, chocolaty, and decadent! Enjoy individual portions in petites cocottes.
1⁄2 cup dark Belgian chocolate
6 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1⁄2 cup sugar
1⁄4 cup flour
pure cocoa, for garnish – optional
- Preheat oven to 400° F (205° C).
- Butter and flour 4 petites cocottes. Tap out excess flour.
- Melt dark Belgian chocolate and butter together in microwave. Stir and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, beat in sugar one tablespoon at a time. Continue beating until eggs have tripled in volume and are pale yellow in colour.
- Fold beaten eggs into melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with flour and gently fold into chocolate mixture until just blended.
- Divide batter between cocottes and place, uncovered, on Sheet Pan in the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until puffed and centre is just set and not jiggly.
- Dust with cocoa and serve.
Per serving: Calories 510, Fat 33 g (Saturated 18 g, Trans 0.5 g), Cholesterol 255 mg, Sodium 75 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 39 g), Protein 9 g.