Mexican Deep Dish Huevos Rancheros
The perfect one-dish weekend breakfast. Makes a great game day snack or fun alternative on family pizza night.
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with a fresh fruit platter.
12 corn tortillas
vegetable oil spray
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) low-sodium crushed tomatoes
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) low-sodium diced tomatoes
3 tbspPoco Picante Salsa Mix
2 cans (14 oz/398 ml) black beans, drained and rinsed
2 tbspGuacamole Dip Mix
2 tsp cumin
2 cups grated low-fat cheese, your choice
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Lightly mist tortillas with oil. Place one or two at a time in a preheated frying pan until they start to ‘bubble up’. Flip to brown the other side.
- Line a 9” x 13” baking dish by overlapping cooked tortillas, making sure bottom is covered and tortillas come all the way up the sides of baking dish.
- Using the same pan, cook onions in oil until golden. Add tomatoes and Epicure’s Salsa Mix. Heat to bubbling, and then remove from heat. Set aside.
- Combine beans with Guacamole Dip Mix and cumin, stirring to coat.
- Spoon bean mixture over tortillas. Top with tomato mixture.
- Crack eggs over sauce in an even pattern and top with cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until eggs are firm. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Per serving: Calories 320, Fat 11 g (Saturated 3.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 250 mg, Sodium 650 mg, Carbohydrate 34 g (Fibre 6 g, Sugars 5 g), Protein 20 g.