Try something new! When it comes to ground beef recipes, Keema Curry makes mincemeat out of meatloaf. A mild Indian-inspired stew of beef, peas, and potatoes is fabulously flavourful thanks to fragrant spices and a splash of lime. Add a bit of coconut milk to keep this dish mild and kid-friendly.
Serve with 1 cup veggies, your choice.
2 cups water or broth
3 medium potatoes, about 1 lb (450 g)
1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
2 cups frozen peas
Toppings (optional): lime wedges
- In a bowl, combine seasoning and water. Set aside.
- Cut potatoes into small cubes; you should have about 4 cups.
- Place potatoes in Multipurpose or Round Steamer. Cover; microwave on high, 6–8 min, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, brown beef in Wok or Sauté Pan over medium-high heat. Stir in reserved seasoning mixture. Bring to a boil; stir in peas and potatoes. Simmer 5 min or until heated through.
- Slice lime in half. Using 2-in-1 Citrus Press, squeeze in juice from lime. Serve with extra lime wedges, if desired.