Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with rice or your choice of pasta.
2 tbsp olive oil
3 lbs (1,350 g) chicken pieces, legs, thighs or breasts
1 large onion, sliced
2 green bell peppers, cut in strips
1 can (28 oz /796 ml) diced tomatoes
1 cupNourish Broth
chili seasoning, to taste
Sea Salt (Grinder), to taste
Black Pepper (Grinder), to taste
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken pieces on both sides, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Remove excess fat from pan. Add sliced onions and green peppers. Stir-fry until onion is soft.
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add browned chicken and cook, uncovered for 20 - 25 minutes. Baste chicken with sauce frequently during cooking.
Per serving: Calories 350, Fat 11 g (Saturated 2.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 140 mg, Sodium 170 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 5 g), Protein 52 g.