Instant Pot™ Pad Thai Chicken & Rice
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 2 cups leafy green salad with 1 tbsp Epicure dressing.
1 1⁄4 cups water
3 tbsp soy sauce, preferably low-sodium
1 tbsp unsalted natural peanut butter or seed butter
1 tbsp Sriracha or your favourite hot sauce, optional
1 cup white rice
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken, about 2 breasts
2 bell peppers
1 large carrot
Toppings (optional): sliced green onions, chopped basil or cilantro, fresh lime wedges, chopped almonds or peanuts.
- In the bottom of a 5 quart Instant Pot™, stir together seasoning, water, soy sauce, peanut butter and sriracha, if using. It’s OK if the peanut butter is lumpy. Add rice.
- Chop chicken into small pieces. Coarsely chop peppers. Cut carrot in half lengthwise; then crosswise into half-moon shaped pieces. Add all to pot; stir to mix.
- Secure lid; press ‘MAUAL” button, select “HIGH”, and set the time to 12 min. Ensure the steam release handle is in the ‘SEALING” position.
- When the cook time has finished, turn to ‘KEEP WARM” and let pressure release naturally for 8 min.
- Stir to mix; spoon into bowls and add topping, as desired.
Per serving: Calories 410, Fat 5 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 530 mg, Carbohydrate 59 g (Fibre 4 g, Sugars 12 g), Protein 30 g.
Go meatless and replace chicken with 2 cans (19-oz/540 ml each) of drained and rinsed chickpeas.