Grilled Steak with Mushrooms
Prepare the night before so steak has ample time to marinate.
1 lb (450 g) sirloin steak, 1 1/2" thick
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbspMontreal Steak Rub
Sea Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
2 tbsp butter
3 cups sliced mushrooms
- Brush steak with oil. Sprinkle Montreal Steak Rub on each side of steak and rub in. Marinate in refrigerator for up to 24 hours, if desired.
- Season steak with Sea Salt and Pepper immediately before cooking.
- Sear on the stove in a grill pan, or on a barbecue for 3 minutes per side for rare. Let meat rest on a heated platter for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add butter to hot pan and fry mushrooms.
- Slice steak thinly on the diagonal and serve with sauteed mushrooms.
Per serving: Calories 280, Fat 19 g (Saturated 7 g, Trans 0.2 g), Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 210 mg, Carbohydrate 3 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 1 g), Protein 25 g.