Gingerbread "Crackle" Cookies
A must-bake for the holidays (or any day!)
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp Gingerbread Spices
1⁄2 tspSea Salt (Grinder)
3⁄4 cup butter
1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3⁄4 cup white sugar, divided
3 tbsp molasses
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, spices and salt in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a second bowl, cream butter with brown sugar and 1⁄2 cup white sugar.
- Stir in egg, molasses and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add dry ingredients, beating well after each addition.
- Place remaining white sugar in a shallow bowl. Form cookies by rolling into 1” balls; roll in sugar and place 2” apart on Sheet Pan lined with Sheet Pan Liner.
- Bake for 10 min, or until cookies ‘crackle’ on top. Cool before storing.
Per serving (1 cookie): Calories 90, Fat 4 g (Saturated 2.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 105 mg, Carbohydrate 14 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 8 g), Protein 1 g.
Create a beautiful gift by rolling a stack of baked cookies in a half-sheet of parchment paper. Tie each end with a red ribbon and attach a gift card or recipe.