Cranberry Orange Waffles
2 tbsp cranberry sauce
1 1⁄2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1⁄2 cup brown sugar
zest and juice of 1 orange
1 recipe preparedClassic Waffles
1 - 2 tbsp vegetable oil
Summer Berry Sweet Dip Mix, to taste
icing sugar or maple syrup, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C).
- In a saucepan, heat first 4 ingredients over medium heat. Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, gently squishing cranberries, until it reaches a jam-like consistency, approximately 10 minutes.
- Place Waffle Mold on Sheet Pan. Using a basting brush, lightly brush Waffle Mold with oil.
- Pour approximately 1⁄4 cup of batter into each Waffle Mold until it fills all corners.
- Bake until golden, approximately 13–15 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes, or until Waffle Mold is cool to the touch. Gently remove waffles from Waffle Mold.
- Serve open faced, topped with cranberry orange sauce. Finish with Summer Berry Sweet Dip Mix, icing sugar, or maple syrup, if you like.
Per serving (1 waffle): Calories 220, Fat 7 g (Saturated 1 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 230 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 17 g), Protein 5 g.
Serve with whipped heavy cream or crème fraiche. Creamy, tart, and sweet, all in one.