We haven’t officially won any awards for this chili, but we called it cook-off chili for a reason. It’s pretty darn good. If you’re making this ahead of time (aka you’re not in a dinner rush) let it simmer low and slow to let the flavours meld together.
1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
1 lb (450 g) ground pork
2 bell peppers
1 medium red onion
1 can (540 ml/18 oz) low-sodium black beans
1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
1 can (796 ml/27 oz) low-sodium crushed tomatoes
Toppings (optional): sour cream, grated cheddar cheese, sliced green onions
- Cook beef and pork in Sauté Pan over medium-high heat for 10 min until browned and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, dice peppers and onion. Drain and rinse black beans.
- Once the meat has been removed, add peppers, onion, beans, and corn to pan. Cover and cook for 3–4 min, or until veggies start to soften.
- Add meat back to the pan, along with crushed tomatoes and seasoning. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring often, about 5 min.
- Serve with toppings, if desired.