Classic Holiday Gingerbread Cookies
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp Gingerbread Spices
1⁄2 tspSea Salt (Grinder)
1⁄2 cup butter
1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
1⁄2 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter with sugar in a second mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix until well-combined.
- Form dough into a ball, cut in half and form each half into a flattened disc. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1⁄8"–1⁄4". Cut into desired shapes and place on Sheet Pan lined with Sheet Pan Liner.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Per serving (1 cookie): Calories 50, Fat 1.5 g (Saturated 1 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 35 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 3 g), Protein 1 g.
These cookies make fragrant Christmas tree decorations. Simply cut a hole in unbaked cookie with a plastic straw. Bake, thread with ribbon, and hang!
Gingerbread House: This dough makes a great base for a DIY gingerbread house. Roll into squares, rectangles, triangles and other fanciful shapes!