Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
An all-time favourite with both kids and adults. What could be better than fresh-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookies and a glass of cold milk?
1 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
1⁄2 tsp baking soda
1⁄4 tsp salt
1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
1⁄2 cup sugar
1⁄2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate chips
3⁄4 cup walnut crumbs — optional
- Preheat oven to 375° C (190° C).
- Whisk flour with baking soda and salt.
- Cream butter with sugars in a separate bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour mixture until smooth, then stir in chocolate and walnuts, if desired.
- Drop by spoonful 1” apart onto Sheet Pan lined with Sheet Pan Liner.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes, until lightly golden.
Per serving (1 cookie): Calories 120, Fat 6 g (Saturated 3.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 65 mg, Carbohydrate 16 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 11 g), Protein 1 g.