Chicken & Spinach Alfredo Soup
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 small whole-grain bun and 1⁄2 cup veggies, your choice.
1 tsp oil
1 lb (450 g) ground chicken
2 cups hot water
5 lasagna noodles
2 cups milk
4 cups baby spinach
Toppings (optional): sliced cherry tomatoes, grated cheese
- In a large Multipurpose Pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Crumble in ground chicken. Cook, stirring often and breaking up chunks as needed.
- Add sauce mix and water; stir to combine. Cover; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once boiling, coarsely break in lasagna noodles. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until noodles are tender, about 8 min. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in milk. Keep partially covered and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, 2 min.
- Remove from heat and stir in spinach until wilted.
- Add toppings just before serving, if desired.
Per serving (about 1 ½ cups): Calories 390, Fat 15 g (Saturated 5 g, Trans 0.3 g), Cholesterol 115 mg, Sodium 390 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 3 g), Protein 31 g.
Making this soup ahead? It thickens as it sits, so add additional water or milk as needed to thin when heating up.