Chicken Fajita Flatbread
This is an easy al fresco appie. Prep ingredients ahead so you can focus on chilling while grilling.
1⁄2 lb (225g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tbspFajita Seasoning
1 tbspGuacamole Dip Mix
12–15 cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
4 naan breads
1 cup grated cheese, your choice
Toppings (optional): Fresh cilantro or parsley leaves, olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Cut chicken into bite-size cubes. Place in Multipurpose Steamer; stir in seasoning. Cover and microwave on high 2–2 min 30 sec, until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cut avocado in half; discard pit. Scoop flesh into a bowl; add dip mix. Using 2-in-1 Citrus Press, squeeze in juice from lime. Using the Ground Meat Separator, coarsely mash.
- Slice tomatoes in half. Lightly brush both sides of naan breads with oil. Place prepared chicken, guacamole, tomatoes, oiled bread and cheese on a Sheet Pan and head to the grill!
- Place bread on grill. Barbecue until one side is lightly charred, 2 min. Remove from grill; spread grilled sides with guacamole, then top with chicken, tomatoes and cheese.
- Place back on grill; close lid and barbecue until cheese melts, 1–2 min.
Per serving (1/2 flatbread): Calories 240, Fat 11 g (Saturated 3 g, Trans 0.1 g), Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 400 mg, Carbohydrate 23 g (Fibre 4 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 14 g.
To grill chicken, brush breasts with oil and rub with Fajita Seasoning. Grill, turning often, until cooked through, 6–8 min. Slice into bite-size pieces.