Pair with a hearty soup for a healthy harvest meal.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp baking soda
1 - 2 tbspCCB Dip Mix
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
1⁄2 cup butter, cold (cut into cubes)
- Preheat oven to 450° F (230° C). In a large bowl whisk flours with baking powder, baking soda, CCB, sugar and salt. Or place dry ingredients in a food processor.
- Using 2 knives or a food processor, cut in butter until coarse crumbs form.
- Add buttermilk and mix just until moist.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured counter and lightly knead to come together. Think 4 or 5 turns of the dough. Flatten dough to 1-inch thickness.
- Cut with a biscuit cutter or a kitchen glass to form rounds. Place on Sheet Pan lined with Sheet Pan Liner. Brush tops with milk, if you wish.
- Bake until tops are golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Best served warm.
Per serving: Calories 150, Fat 8 g (Saturated 5 g, Trans 0.2 g), Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 150 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 1 g), Protein 3 g.