Carrot and Yam Casserole
The perfect in-season dish with the super-spice benefits of cinnamon!
4 carrots, peeled and diced
1 large yam, peeled and diced
1⁄4 cup maple syrup
1⁄4 cup apple juice
2 1⁄2 tspHerb & Garlic Dip Mix, divided
1 tbsp butter
3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- In Multipurpose Pot, boil carrots and yams until tender. Drain and mash.
- Heat maple syrup, apple juice, 1 1⁄2 tsp Herb & Garlic Dip Mix, butter and Cinnamon.
- Combine all ingredients and spoon into a lightly buttered casserole dish.
- For the topping, stir breadcrumbs with melted butter and remaining 1 tsp Herb & Garlic Dip Mix. Sprinkle over carrots and yams.
- Place on Sheet Pan and bake for about 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
Per serving: Calories 160, Fat 6 g (Saturated 4 g, Trans 0.2 g), Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 180 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g (Fibre 4 g, Sugars 10 g), Protein 2 g.
Serve with grilled fish.