Boo-rito Hand Pies
These tasty pies can be made ahead of time and reheated to quickly feed the kids a hearty and healthy meal before heading out for trick-or-treating!
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup chopped veggie sticks with 2 tbsp Epicure Dip.
1⁄2 lb (225 g) lean ground beef
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 can (13 oz/398 ml) low-sodium black beans
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 ball (650 g/23 oz) frozen raw pizza dough, thawed
Toppings (optional): sliced black olives for eyes and mouths
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line Sheet Pan with Sheet Pan Liner.
- In Multipurpose Steamer, combine beef with seasoning and tomato paste until well incorporated. Cover and microwave on high 4 min, or until beef is cooked through. Carefully place multipurpose tray over cooked mixture; strain excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse black beans. Add beans and cheese to steamer; stir to combine.
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll out pizza dough. Cut dough into 16 equal pieces. Scoop 1⁄4 cup of mixture onto 8 pieces of dough, being careful to leave some exposed dough around the edges. Use Basting Brush to lightly brush water around the edges and top with another piece, stretching the dough if needed; press edges together firmly to form a seal. Place on sheet pan.
- If using, place sliced olives for eyes and mouths. Carefully shape pies into ghost shapes. Bake 20–25 min, or until crust feels firm.
Per serving: Calories 380, Fat 12 g (Saturated 4.5 g, Trans 0.3 g), Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 400 mg, Carbohydrate 49 g (Fibre 6 g, Sugars 3 g), Protein 20 g.
If making Boo-ritos ahead of time, bake them in the oven at 350° F for 15 min to reheat.