This is a fun, cost-effective, and family-friendly baking craft to get your kids ready for Halloween!
1 cup unsweetened soy or nut milk
1⁄3 cup oil + more for brushing
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
12 jumbo marshmallows
1 cup white candy melts
24 mini chocolate chips, about 1 tsp
- Generously oil two Muffin Makers.
- In a large bowl, whisk mix with milk, 1⁄3 cup oil, and vinegar to create batter.
- Divide batter evenly into pans, filing cavities approximately 2⁄3 full.
- In two batches, microwave on high for 2 min 30 sec. Rest in pan 5 min; invert onto wire rack to cool. Alternatively, bake in preheated 350° F oven for 15–18 min. Cool in pan for 10 min; unmold.
- Meanwhile, in 4-Cup Prep Bowl, microwave candy melts on high for 60–90 sec or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Spoon small dollop of melted chocolate onto each baked cupcake and top with a marshmallow.
- Divide remaining melted chocolate onto top of each marshmallow—use a generous amount so it oozes down the sides. Place two chocolate chips on the front of each marshmallow to make eyes.
Per serving (1 cupcake): Calories 240, Fat 12 g (Saturated 3.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 210 mg, Carbohydrate 32 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 20 g), Protein 3 g.
Instead of chocolate chips, use candy eyeballs for an extra spooky ghost! If you can’t find them in the baking section of your grocery store, try a craft shop.