Béarnaise sauce is the reason to grill steak. Its buttery creaminess softens the smoky flavour of the BBQ, while the vinegary, tarragon tang accentuates the steak’s flavour. Classic Béarnaise sauce is tricky. This epic blend only needs butter and water, and it’s microwave-ready-to-eat in 5 minutes. Pro tip: prepare sauce while your juicy steak rests!
1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup water
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Remove from heat; whisk in sauce mix. While whisking, slowly add water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer 3 min, stirring halfway, until thick.
- In a 4-cup microwavable bowl, melt butter, uncovered, on high, 40–60 sec.
- Whisk in sauce mix and water until well combined.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 1⁄2 min, stirring halfway through.
Per serving (about 2 tbsp): Calories 90, Fat 8 g (Saturated 5 g, Trans 0.4 g), Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 75 mg, Carbohydrate 3 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 1 g), Protein 1 g.
Use prepared sauce on steak, roast chicken, fish and seafood, potatoes, asparagus, broccoli, portobello mushrooms, and more! Or, drizzle over savoury crepes, quiches, and eggs Benny for a delicious twist on breakfast classics.
Leftover sauce is good in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave before serving.
Shop This Recipe
Béarnaise Sauce Mix (Pack of 3)