Amazing Beef Stew
Amazingly delicious and amazingly effortless to make.
2 lbs (1 kg) stewing beef
2 onions, cut into eight wedges
3 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
4 carrots, coarsely chopped
1 cup beef broth
1 cup red wine
1⁄4 cup quick tapioca
2 tsp sugar
1 tspSea Salt (Grinder)
1 tbspBeef & Steak Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 300° F (150° C).
- Place beef in bottom of a coated roasting pan or large ovenproof casserole dish.
- Top with onion, celery and carrots. Pour in beef broth and wine. Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours.
Per serving: Calories 450, Fat 15 g (Saturated 6 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 120 mg, Sodium 510 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 52 g.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
- Replace red wine with a second cup of prepared beef bouillon, if preferred.
- Try swapping red wine with Irish Guinness beer instead.
- To bump up the serving size and increase health benefits, finish stew with some cooked barley.