After Ate Oatmeal Coconut Squares
1 cup butter, room temperature
4 tbsp After Ate Rooibos Tea
1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
1⁄4 cup brown sugar
3⁄4 tspSea Salt (Grinder)
1⁄2 tsp vanilla
1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, or gluten-free flour
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup shredded, un-sweetened coconut, lightly toasted
3 tbsp dark chocolate sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175°C).
- Line a Sheet Pan with a Sheet Pan Liner, or a lightly greased 9 by 13-inch dish.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, After Ate Tea, both sugars, salt, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until very well-blended and creamy.
- Gently incorporate the flour, and then fold in the rolled oats and coconut.
- Form ingredients into a ball on the Sheet Pan Liner, then press gently and work it into about a 10 by 12-inch rectangle, and approximately 3⁄4 of an inch thick. Sprinkle top with dark chocolate sprinkles, if desired.
- Bake 20–30 minutes, until golden-brown and firm in the middle.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack; let cool 5–10 minutes. Cut into squares.
Per serving: Calories 190, Fat 12 g (Saturated 8 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 90 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 8 g), Protein 2 g.
Store in an airtight jar, or make a big batch and freeze for up to 2 months.