1⁄2 cup sugar
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups raspberry jam, or jam of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Oil a Sheet Pan Liner and place on a Sheet Pan.
- In an electric mixer, whisk eggs and sugar on high for 5 minutes, until pale, thick, and doubled in volume.
- Add water, oil, and vanilla. Sift in flour and baking powder. Gently fold in, not to lose any volume.
- Carefully pour batter onto Sheet Pan Liner, spreading to all edges. Bake for 10–12 minutes, until pale golden brown.
- To shape cake roll: while still warm, spread cake with jam, let it cool 2 minutes, then spread with dip. Using the Sheet Pan Liner as a guide, starting at the short end, gently loosen cake while rolling snugly into shape. Sit the cake seam side down.
- Slice into portions with a bread knife or chill until ready to serve.