Why eat out when you can eat in? Try this delicious, moist burger at your next backyard barbecue to wow family and friends!
1 1⁄2 lbs (680 g) ground sirloin
1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
2 tsp butter
8 oz (225 g) sliced mixed mushrooms
1 shallot or 1/2 onion, chopped
1⁄4 cup dry sherry, red wine or orange juice
1 tbsp dry parsley
- Mix first 3 ingredients together. Wet hands to prevent sticking and form mixture into 6 patties.
- Melt butter in frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallot. Stir-fry for 3–5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add Brushetta Herbs and sherry. Reduce heat and simmer for 2–4 minutes, until mushrooms are soft. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Cover and keep warm.
- Grill patties on the barbecue over medium-high heat with the lid closed for 5 minutes. Flip patties and continue grilling for an additional 5 minutes.
- To serve, place burgers on plates and spoon mushroom sauce overtop.