Serve with a tortilla and 1 cup chopped veggies.
1⁄2 cup water
2 large carrots
4 medium potatoes
1 tbsp oil
1 1⁄2 lbs (675 g) lean ground beef
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) low-sodium tomato sauce
1 cup frozen peas
Toppings (optional): cilantro, lime, tortillas
- Combine seasoning and water. Set aside.
- Chop carrots and potatoes into small pieces. Place in Multipurpose Steamer. Cover and microwave on high for 10 min.
- Heat oil in Sauté Pan over medium-high heat. Brown beef, about 5–7 min. Add reserved seasoning mixture and tomato sauce; stir to combine. Bring to a boil and simmer.
- Stir steamed potatoes and carrots into pan. Simmer 2 min, or until sauce is thickened. Stir in frozen peas.
- Add toppings and serve with tortilla, if desired.