Serve with 1 cup cooked rice noodles.
1⁄4 cup water
2 tbsp each ketchup and low-sodium soy sauce
1 block (350 g) extra-firm tofu
1 tbsp oil, divided
2 cups frozen edamame, thawed
2 cups snow peas or sugar snap peas
2 cups baby spinach
- In a bowl, whisk together seasoning, water, ketchup, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Using a paper towel or clean kitchen towel, gently squeeze as much liquid from the tofu as possible. Using a box grater, grate tofu over large holes. It’s OK if some of the block crumbles.
- In Wok, heat 1⁄2 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add half the grated tofu and season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry until crisp and golden, 5 min. Remove from wok and place in a bowl or on a plate. Heat remaining 1⁄2 tbsp oil and repeat process with remaining tofu. Once the second batch of tofu is golden, return first batch of tofu to wok.
- Add edamame and snow peas. Stir-fry until snow peas are tender-crisp, 1 min.
- Turn off the heat, add sauce, and stir gently to coat.
- Divide between four bowls, top with spinach, and serve with rice noodles, if desired.
This dish isn’t particularly saucy—if you prefer a saucier stir-fry, simply add a bit more water or vegetable broth, 1 tbsp at a time, to the sauce once you’ve added it to the Wok.