Gluten-free millet is a tiny, round ancient grain with a mildly sweet and nutty flavour; it’s available in white, gray, yellow, and red varieties. Add it to muffin, pancake, waffle, and cookie batters for a flavourful crunch.
1⁄2 cup sugar
1⁄3 cup millet
2 tsp baking powder
2⁄3 cup unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
1⁄2 cup milk, soy milk, or coconut milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup frozen berries
2 tbsp Tutti Fruity Whole Food Topper
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter with milk, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in frozen berries.
- Pour over dry ingredients. Fold together until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Place a lightly oiled Muffin Maker on a Sheet Pan; fill each cup with 1⁄4 cup batter.
- Sprinkle with Whole Food Topper. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.