- Strawberry Buttermilk Doughnuts
Strawberry Buttermilk Doughnuts
1/2 C (125 ml) fresh or frozen strawberries, finely chopped or puréed
2 C (500 ml) icing sugar
2 Tbsp (30 ml) water
white chocolate sprinkles, to finish – optional
2 C (500 ml) all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp (15 ml) Baking Powder
1/2 tsp (2,5 ml) Sea Salt (Grinder), finely ground
1 tsp (5 ml) Cinnamon (ground)
3/4 C (180 ml) unsalted butter, softened
1 C (250 ml) sugar
1/2 C (125 ml) low-fat milk, divided
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- To make glaze, using Piano Wire Whisk, whisk all ingredients until smooth. Set aside
- To make doughnuts, preheat oven to 400° F (205°C).
- In a bowl, using Piano Wire Whisk, whisk first 4 ingredients.
- In a second bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Slowly mix in dry mixture and milk in batches: 3 batches dry; 2 batches milk mixed with vanilla extract. Be careful not to over mix.
- Using Basting Brush, lightly brush (p.4223) with vegetable oil. Pipe or spoon dough into (p.4223), filling wells 2/3 full.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, approximately 12–15 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- To glaze, dip one side of each doughnut in glaze, and twist clockwise to coat. Place plain side down on a cooling rack, and sprinkle generously with white chocolate sprinkles, if using. Let glaze set before serving, approximately 5 minutes.
|Nutritional Serving Size
||Per 1 mini doughnut
Piano Wire Whisk
Sea Salt (Grinder)