You can add extra toppings, such as sliced ham or grated buffalo mozzarella cheese.
1 can (19 oz/540 ml) crushed tomatoes
1 cup feta cheese, cubed, or to taste
1 pinch Souvlaki Seasoning, to taste
3 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 green bell pepper, cut into thick strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into thick strips
2 zucchinis, cut into thick strips
1 eggplant, cubed
1 onion, cut into thick strips
2 - 3 whole garlic cloves, to taste
- If using Epicure Basic Pizza Dough, form into 2 — 14” pizza shells and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. To roast vegetables, preheat oven to 450° F (230° C).
- For the sauce, mix together tomatoes and Seasoning. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, season feta with Souvlaki Seasoning and drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, toss vegetables, garlic and seasonings with 2 tbsp oil. Grill in rectangular mesh grilling pan for 3 minutes, then turn and continue cooking to lightly char. To roast, bake on parchment-lined Sheet Pan for 20 minutes, or until peppers are lightly charred..
- Grill Basic Pizza Dough shells over medium-high heat with lid closed for 3–5 minutes, turning often, until puffy. Alternatively, grill store-bought shells for about 30–45 seconds, until golden with grill marks on bottom.
- Remove shells from grill. Spread with sauce and top with vegetables and feta.
- Return to barbecue and grill for about 1 minute, until cheese softens. Slice into wedges and serve.
Other delicious vegetables to grill include mushrooms, asparagus, and even green onions.
Chef Tip: Make a big batch of grilled vegetables and enjoy for a few days as a side dish, in quiches, on salads and pastas, or to make rustic grilled sandwiches.