Make this Asian fave now or assemble ahead of time, either way you get to take the night off from cooking. Come home to a satisfying dinner and its delicious aroma that will fill your home.
2 lbs (900 g) lean ground beef, chicken, or pork, your choice
2 cups coleslaw mix
1 cup bell peppers, sliced large
1 cup mushrooms, quartered
1 cup celery, cubed
Make it now:
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and stir gently.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low setting.
Make it ahead and freeze:
- Place a large freezable bag standing open in a bowl; this will keep it in place when adding ingredients.
- Place all ingredients except broth in the bag, seal, and lay flat in the freezer.
- When ready to eat, remove from freezer at least 1 hour before cooking.
- Place contents in the slow cooker, add broth, cover and cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low setting.