2 cups uncooked penne pasta
4 cups hot water
1 tsp oil
1⁄2 lb (225 g) lean ground beef or ground turkey
1 can (14.5 oz/398 ml) no salt diced tomatoes
4 cups baby spinach
2 cups frozen peas
Toppings (optional): chopped parsley, grated Parmesan
- Place pasta in Multipurpose Steamer. Stir in 4 cups water. Cover; microwave on high until al dente, 12 min.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large fry pan or wok over medium-high heat. Crumble in beef; cook, breaking up meat using the Ground Meat Separator, until meat is cooked through, 3–5 min.
- Stir in seasoning and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, 5 min.
- Once cooked, drain pasta, then add to pan. Stir in peas and spinach until warm, 1 min. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- To serve, spoon into bowls. Add toppings, if desired.
Make it vegetarian by using soy ground round instead of ground beef.
Swap baby spinach for 2 cups favourite frozen veggies.