Make this café favourite at home—you’ll save money and you control the amount of sweetener! A typical iced tea lemonade can have up to 35 g of sugar per serving (1½ cups).
1 cup boiling water
1 1⁄2 cups ice water
2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
Toppings (optional): lemon slices
- Put the kettle on to boil.
- Meanwhile, cut lemons in half; using the 2-in-1 Citrus Press, squeeze juice into a large measuring cup. You’ll need about ⅔ cup. Stir in ice water; set aside.
- Pour 1 cup boiling water into a separate measuring cup. Stir in honey until dissolved. Add tea bags; steep 3–5 min.
- Squeeze bags to release flavour; discard. Pour tea into lemon mixture; stir well. Taste and add more honey, if needed.
- Fill 2 large glasses with ice cubes; pour tea on top. Garnish with lemon slices.