vegetable oil, for brushing
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder*
1⁄4 cup milk or non-dairy milk alternative, such as coconut or almond milk
1⁄4 cup sugar
3 tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Place Perfect Portion Bagel & Donut Pan on a Sheet Pan. Lightly brush with oil; set aside.
2. In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk egg; whisk in milk, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients; stir just until combined.
4. Scrape batter into a piping bag; pipe into six pan wells. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, about 15 min.
5. When cool to the touch, flip onto sheet pan and press to release donuts. Dust with icing sugar or cocoa, or top with your favourite icing.