1⁄2 pkg (14 oz/400 g) rice vermicelli noodles
8 cups boiling water, or enough to soak noodles
1⁄4 cup natural peanut butter, or nut butter alternative
1⁄2 cup water
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1⁄2 lb (225 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast, about 1 breast
1⁄2 tbsp oil
4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
Toppings (optional): Chopped peanuts, sliced green onions, lime wedges
- In a large bowl, combine rice noodles and boiling water. Ensure noodles are completely submerged—add more boiling water as needed. Every couple of minutes, give the noodles a stir to ensure they are evenly cooked. Noodles take approximately 6 min to cook until tender. Drain and rinse noodles under cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together peanut butter, water, soy sauce, and seasoning. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. In Wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and frozen vegetables. Cook about 10 min or until chicken is cooked and vegetables are heated through.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs.
- Reduce heat to low-medium. Add cooked noodles and reserved sauce to wok. Using tongs, mix well, and loosen noodle strands to avoid having them clump together.
- Add whisked eggs, stir into noodles very well, and cook, stirring constantly and scraping the bottom of the wok, about 1 min. Season with pepper to taste, and serve immediately, adding toppings as desired.