Mini Carrot Bundt Cakes
2 medium-sized carrots
1⁄3 cup oil + more for oiling
1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple
1 pkg Carrot Cake Mix
1 1⁄4 cups icing sugar
2 tbsp milk, your choice, or water
1 tbsp lemon or orange juice
Toppings (optional): lemon or orange zest
- Coarsely grate carrots; measure out 2 cups and set aside.
- Generously oil two Mini Bundt Cake Pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with oil and pineapple. Stir in mix and 2 cups grated carrot. Divide batter evenly into pans. Smooth tops as best you can.
- In two batches, microwave on high 4 min. Rest in pan 5 min; invert onto Cooling Racks and gently squeeze and push to release. Or, place Mini Bundt Pans on two 1⁄4 Sheet Pans. Bake in preheated 350° F for 25 min or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 min. Invert on Cooling Racks and gently squeeze and push to release. Allow to cool completely before glazing. Refrigerate, if desired, to cool quickly.
- In a bowl, whisk together sugar, milk, and lemon juice until smooth. Spoon over cooled cakes and top with zest, if desired. Glaze will set and harden as it sits.
Per serving (1 mini Bundt cake): Calories 190, Fat 7 g (Saturated 1 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 190 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g (Fiber 1 g, Sugars 23 g), Protein 3 g.
Replace crushed pineapple with unsweetened applesauce.