Layers of flavour make these stuffed peppers an Epicure favourite.
Serve with a side salad and prepared Epicure Dressing.
4 medium bell peppers
1 lb (450 g) extra lean ground beef
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1⁄2 cup diced carrot
1⁄2 cup diced onion
1⁄2 cup cooked rice
1⁄4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- For stuffed pepper halves, cut peppers in half lengthwise and gently remove pith and seeds.
- For stuffed whole peppers, cut tops from peppers and gently remove pith and seeds. Dice pepper tops and mix with carrot and onion.
- In a frying pan, cook beef until no longer pink. Drain excess fat. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and Vegetable Seasoning and cook for 5 minutes. Add beef. Stir in a 1⁄2 cup Marinara Sauce and remaining ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into peppers. Place in shallow baking dish and pour remaining Marinara Sauce around peppers.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes.