1 lb (450 g) cubed lamb
1 small onion, quartered into wedges
3 tbsp olive oil
juice of 1/2 a lemon
6 bamboo skewers, soaked in water to prevent scorching
6 pita bread rounds
2 tomatoes, diced
- In a bowl, combine lamb and onions with olive oil, lemon juice, and seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400° F (205° C). Slide lamb cubes onto skewers alternating with wedges of onion, leaving space between to ensure even cooking.
- Place skewers onto a Sheet Pan lined with parchment paper and bake approximately 20 minutes, turning at least once.
- Warm or grill pitas and brush with olive oil and spread with prepared Dillicious Tzatziki.
- Pull the contents from the skewer into the warm pita and top with tomatoes. Serve with extra Dillicious Tzatziki on the side.