Taco and Caesar salad flavours unite to make this fresh and light summer-inspired vegan meal.
This is a perfectly balanced plate.
1 pkg Easy Peasy Taco Mix
2 cups hot water
1⁄2 large avocado
5 tbsp water
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Sea Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
3 tbsp olive oil
1⁄2 pint cherry tomatoes, about 10
3 cups tortilla chips
2 heads romaine hearts
2 cups corn niblets
Toppings (optional): grated vegan cheese
- In a bowl, combine mix and hot water; set aside to hydrate, about 5 min.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or using an immersion blender, combine avocado, water, lemon juice, garlic, and mustard. Blend until smooth. Taste, then season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick fry pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add hydrated taco mix; cook, stirring often, until liquid has absorbed, about 5–7 min. Stir gently to avoid mashing.
- Slice tomatoes in half; coarsely crush chips.
- To assemble, divide lettuce leaves between four plates (about 6 leaves per plate). For each serving, stack a few leaves to make sturdy bases. Stuff with taco mix; top with tomatoes, chips, and corn. Drizzle with dressing.