Serve with 1 cup rice.
1 pkg Sweet Chili Sauce Mix
1⁄2 cup water
1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
2 blocks (12 oz/350 g each) extra-firm or firm tofu
2 tsp oil
1 large carrot
1⁄2 English cucumber
16 lettuce leaves, about 1 small head
1 bunch cilantro, optional
Toppings (optional): crushed peanuts or seeds, sliced green onion
- In 4-Cup Prep Bowl, combine mix with water and vinegar. Microwave on high, uncovered, 2 min, stirring halfway. Remove from microwave and set aside to let cool.
- Drain tofu. Pat dry as best you can. Cut each block into 16 cubes.
- In large non-stick fry pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add tofu (pan will be full). Pan-fry, flipping once, until golden brown on two sides, about 4–5 min per side.
- Once golden, turn off heat. Add 1⁄2 cup sauce; stir to coat. The residual heat from the pan will help thicken the sauce slightly.
- Julienne carrot and cucumber.
- To assemble, make eight sets of two stacked lettuce leaves. Top each stack with tofu, carrots, cucumber, and cilantro, if using. Drizzle with remaining sauce and add toppings, if desired.
When the tofu is ready to flip, it will easily release from the pan. If you try and flip too early, it might stick!