Slow Cooker Stampede BBQ Ribs
Come home to a dinner of tender, juicy ‘barbecued’ ribs — cooked while you were out!
4 1⁄2 lbs (2 kg) racks of baby back ribs
1 pkg Stampede BBQ Ribs Seasoning
1 cup ketchup
1 tbsp brown sugar
1⁄4 cup vinegar
1⁄4 cup water
- Cut baby back rib racks into sections of 1–2 ribs. Place in slow cooker insert.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Pour over ribs. Stir to coat.
- Cover and cook for 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
- Transfer ribs to a serving platter. Pour remaining sauce into a large measuring cup. Skim off excess fat on ribs. Pour sauce overtop and serve.
Per serving: Calories 690, Fat 49 g (Saturated 18 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 195 mg, Sodium 620 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 12 g), Protein 42 g.
For Hawaiian Ribs: Simply add to recipe above 2 diced bell peppers and 1—8 oz (236 ml) can pineapple chunks with juice. Cover and cook for 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high. Serve over rice with sauce on the side.