Enjoy fall-off-the-bone, tender ribs year-round! Nothing beats the irresistible aroma of slow cooked ribs in your home over the winter months. And in the summer, bring your crock pot outside! Cooking for a crowd? Make ribs at home, unplug, and bring with you to your potluck. Come dinnertime, simply remove the insert, place on the table, and watch the ribs disappear!
4 1⁄2 lbs (2 kg) racks of baby back ribs
1 cup ketchup
1 tbsp brown sugar
1⁄4 cup vinegar
1⁄4 cup water
- Cut baby back rib racks into sections of 1–2 ribs. Place in slow cooker insert.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Pour over ribs. Stir to coat.
- Cover and cook for 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
- Transfer ribs to a serving platter. Pour remaining sauce into a large measuring cup. Skim off excess fat on ribs. Pour sauce overtop and serve.
For Hawaiian Ribs: Simply add to recipe above 2 diced bell peppers and 1—8 oz (236 ml) can pineapple chunks with juice. Cover and cook for 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high. Serve over rice with sauce on the side.
Swap 1 pkg Stampede BBQ Ribs Seasoning for BBQ Chicken & Rib Rub.