Pork and Pineapple Stir-fry
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve over 1 cup steamed rice or quinoa.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb (450 g) trimmed boneless pork, cut into thin strips
1 tbspAsian Stir-Fry Seasoning
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) pineapple chunks, drained and juice reserved
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 bell pepper, chopped
3 cups mixed veggies, fresh or frozen, chopped
Frying Pan (10 - 15 min):
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add pork and seasoning and cook for 7–9 minutes until pork is cooked though.
- Whisk pineapple juice with corn starch and soy sauce. Add mixture to pan along with pineapples, pepper, and vegetables, and cook 3–6 minutes, until vegetables are tender-crisp.
Steamer (5 - 6 min):
- In an oiled Multipurpose Steamer, whisk pineapple juice and soy sauce with corn starch.
- Add pork, seasoning, pineapples, peppers, and vegetables.
- Cover and microwave on high 5–6 minutes, until pork is no longer pink and vegetables are tender-crisp.
Per serving: Calories 390, Fat 10 g (Saturated 3 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 390 mg, Carbohydrate 37 g (Fibre 8 g, Sugars 14 g), Protein 39 g.