Whip up this tasty side in no time with an Epicure steamer.
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 protein serving and 1⁄2 cup of veggies.
1 cup cornmeal
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbspFajita Seasoning, or seasoning of your choice
3 cups water
- Preheat oven to 450° F (230° C).
- In a Multipurpose Steamer, blend cornmeal with cheese and seasoning. Stir in water.
- Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes. Cool completely (refrigerate if in a hurry)
- Turn polenta out onto a cutting board. Cut into French fry-shaped pieces. Place on a crisper, then use a basting brush to lightly brush with oil.
- Bake until crispy, 5 - 7 minutes.
Per serving: Calories 160, Fat 5 g (Saturated 1 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 20 mg, Carbohydrate 25 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 0 g), Protein 4 g.