2 tbsp Pink Lady Tea, or tea of your choice
4 cups boiling water
1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp Sea Salt
1 tbsp Black Pepper
2 medium onions, thinly sliced, divided
1 lemon, thinly sliced, divided
2 cups ice cubes
3 - 4 lbs (1.3 - 1.8 kg) chicken pieces
- In a Multipurpose Pot, steep tea in water for 10 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, Salt, and Pepper until completely dissolved. Add 1 onion, 3⁄4 of the lemon, and Minced Garlic. Add ice and cool completely. Put chicken into plastic bags, fill with the tea brine, seal, and marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Take chicken out of the brine, and discard brine. Arrange on a Sheet Pan lined with a Sheet Pan Liner.
- Roast, basting and turning once or twice, until cooked through and juice runs clear, 40–50 minutes. Approximately 10 minutes before chicken is done, add second onion and squeeze remaining lemon overtop.