1 cup dark chocolate chips
1⁄4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp instant coffee granules, dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water
3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
1⁄2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
cocoa powder for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Lightly spray an 8" square pan with vegetable oil and line with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter.
- In a medium stainless steel bowl, beat sugar and eggs until light. Fold in chocolate mixture and dissolved coffee until evenly mixed.
- Sift all dry ingredients over creamed mixture. Add nuts, fold together and pour into prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool on wire cake rack for 30 minutes. Cut into squares. Dust with cocoa, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 170, Fat 9 g (Saturated 3.5 g, Trans 0.1 g), Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 80 mg, Carbohydrate 23 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 17 g), Protein 3 g.