Mexican Beef and Black Beans
An easy family favourite that is healthy and flavourful.
1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
1 bell pepper, diced
1 tbspTaco Seasoning
1 tbspPoco Picante Salsa Mix
2 tbsp3 Onion Dip Mix
1 can (14 oz /398 ml) black beans , drained and rinsed
1 cup grated low-fat cheese, your choice
6 tortillas, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Cook beef in frying pan over medium-high heat for 5 - 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add bell pepper, Taco Seasoning, Salsa Mix and beans. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Divide mixture among 6 oven-safe bowls or one casserole dish, top with grated cheese and bake for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- If desired, spoon mixture into individual tortillas.
Per serving: Calories 220, Fat 9 g (Saturated 4 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 370 mg, Carbohydrate 14 g (Fibre 5 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 23 g.
Top each serving with a spoonful of sour cream and grated cheese. Serve with Epicure Cherry Tomato Salad.