Honey Glazed Roast Chicken with Sage Apple Stuffing
Choose white meat instead of dark, as it is lower in fat. Try putting seasoning under the skin, making you less likely to eat the skin, which is higher in fat.
1 (3 lb/1.5 kg) roasting chicken
1 tbsp Poultry Seasoning
Sea Salt (Grinder), to taste
Black Pepper (Grinder), to taste
1 recipe preparedSage & Apple Stuffing, unbaked
1⁄4 cup honey
1⁄4 cup apple juice
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp poudre douce
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Rinse chicken inside and out with cool running water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Sprinkle Poultry Seasoning, Salt and Pepper evenly over chicken.
- Lightly fill cavity of chicken with Sage & Apple Stuffing. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Combine honey, apple juice, brown sugar, butter and Poudre Douce in microwave safe dish and heat until butter melts.
- Remove chicken from oven, brush with glaze and roast a further 45 - 65 minutes, basting with glaze approximately every 15 minutes.
- Roast until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 185° F (85° C).
Per serving: Calories 610, Fat 15 g (Saturated 6 g, Trans 0.2 g), Cholesterol 165 mg, Sodium 610 mg, Carbohydrate 55 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 28 g), Protein 61 g.