2 cups Margherita Sauce
3 cups cubed ham
2 cups cubed pineapple
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 lb (450 g)Basic Pizza Dough
olive oil for brushing, optional
- Preheat oven to 450° F (230° C).
- Stir half of the Margherita Sauce with Seasoning, ham, pineapple and mozzarella.
- Cut Epicure’s Basic Pizza Dough into quarters, then flatten each into rounds of about 8” diameter. Mound filling over half of each round, leaving a 1⁄2” border. Working with one round at a time, brush edge with water, then fold dough over and crimp to seal. Repeat with remaining rounds, then place on parchment-lined Sheet Pan.
- Using the tip of a knife, make a few slashes on top of each calzone to allow steam to escape. Brush calzones with oil, if desired. Bake for 25–30 minutes, until deep golden.
- Reheat remaining sauce. Spoon over calzones, or serve on the side.
Per serving: Calories 620, Fat 21 g (Saturated 7 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 80 mg, Sodium 1590 mg, Carbohydrate 68 g (Fibre 5 g, Sugars 9 g), Protein 40 g.