Grilled Summer Cauli with Creamy Miso Mayo
Make this easy and delicious cauliflower dish the star at your dinner table, paired with a creamy miso mayo that is the perfect balance of sweet and salty. You’ll want to put this sauce on everything this summer!
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup lean protein, such as tofu or beans, and 1⁄2 cup quinoa or rice.
1 medium head cauliflower, about 5 - 6"
3 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp + 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce, divided
1 tspChipotle Aioli Mix
1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp sugar or maple syrup
1 tsp Miso Broth Mix
Toppings (optional): thinly sliced red onion and green onion
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Trim leaves and bottom stalk from cauliflower, making sure not to remove the core. Place cauliflower in Round Steamer. Cover; microwave on high 5–6 min or until a knife can easily slide into the stem. Remove from steamer and place on 1⁄4 Sheet Pan lined with 1⁄4 Sheet Pan Liner.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add butter. Microwave on high, until melted, about 1 min. Whisk in vinegar, ketchup, 1 tbsp soy sauce, and aioli mix. Place on Sheet Pan with cauliflower. Brush entire cauliflower with some of the sauce and head to the grill!
- Place cauliflower on grill, floret-side down. Grill, covered, 10 min. Turn over and brush with more sauce. Repeat, brushing and turning every 10 min until lightly charred, about 30 min. If sauce starts to solidify, reheat as needed to easily brush over cauliflower. Remove from grill.
- In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, remaining 1 tsp soy sauce, and 1 tsp broth mix.
- To serve, slice cauliflower into steaks or large wedges. Spoon sauce on top and add additional toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 220, Fat 21 g (Saturated 6 g, Trans 0.5 g), Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 310 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 5 g), Protein 3 g.