Recreate a Greek, takeout experience at home! No need to wait for the delivery guy or brave the restaurant lines—you don't even need a fancy rotisserie setup. We’ve got an oven hack up our sleeves. (Don’t worry, we’ve got a Tip for the traditionalists, too!) This recipe makes a generous batch of chicken so it’s a two-for-one deal—you’ll have enough for dinner, and then lunch the next day, too.
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup sliced veggies.
2 lbs (900 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1⁄4 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
1 English cucumber
1 medium tomato
1⁄2 small red onion
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup crumbled feta
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with seasoning and yogurt. Cover; marinade at least 2 hrs or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Place Rectangular Steamer on 1⁄4 Sheet Pan. Layer chicken into steamer, one at a time, pressing each thigh down to fill the steamer. Discard excess marinade.
- Cover and bake 40 min, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° F.
- Meanwhile, dice cucumber, tomato, and onion. In a medium bowl, toss veggies with oil.
- Thinly slice chicken.
- Wrap pitas in a clean cloth and microwave on high 30 sec to warm. Divide chicken and veggies between pitas. Top with feta and tzatziki.
Per serving: Calories 430, Fat 15 g (Saturated 6 g, Trans 0.1 g), Cholesterol 125 mg, Sodium 660 mg, Carbohydrate 41 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 32 g.
Looking for a more traditional version of a gyro? Slice a large white onion in half and lay the flat side down onto an unlined Sheet Pan. Stick two wooden skewers into the onion sticking up. Thread uncooked, marinated chicken onto the skewers over top of the onion. Roast in a preheated 450° F oven for 55 min, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° F. Some charring on the outside is welcome!
Shop This Recipe
Chicken Souvlaki Seasoning (Pack of 3)
Donair Seasoning (Pack of 3)