Gluten-free Lemon Cupcakes
1⁄2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp lemon zest, finely chopped
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tspSea Salt (Grinder)
1⁄2 cup milk
2 tbsp softened butter
2 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp light cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Line a Perfect Portion Muffin Pan with paper cups and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in lemon zest and vanilla extract. Whisk gluten-free flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate mixing bowl.
- Alternately add dry ingredients with milk to creamed mixture. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 18 minutes until light-golden, and a toothpick or knife tip comes out clean when inserted. Cool before icing.
- Cream butter with icing sugar. Beat in egg, vanilla extract, and cream to make spreadable.
Per serving (1 cupcake): Calories 390, Fat 12 g (Saturated 7 g, Trans 0.3 g), Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 150 mg, Carbohydrate 69 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 44 g), Protein 4 g.